This page lists interesting facts about Tropical Cyclones. Everyone is able to edit this page, and don't feel shy to add an interesting fact here!
- Tropical Storm Julia of 2016 was the first storm to form OVER Florida.
- Hurricane Matthew of 2016 is the first Category Five Hurricane since Hurricane Felix of 2007.
- At 916 millibars, Hurricane Opal's minimum pressure makes it the most intense non-Category 5 hurricane in the Atlantic basin.
- Hurricane Wilma, with a minimum pressure of 882 millibars, was once the strongest hurricane in the Western Hemisphere until Hurricane Patricia of 2015, which is regarded as the second-strongest tropical cyclone on record.
- Hurricane Ophelia is the easternmost major hurricane on record.
- Haiyan is the most intense storm (based on Dvorak).